Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yummy Soup!!

Chicken Tortelinni Soup
This is our latest favorite recipe....just a spin on the old chicken noodle classic. It does take a bit of preparation and planning, but it is worth it (at least once!).

Ingredients:
package frozen broccoli (I think the package I use is around 14 oz.)
6 1/2 cups water
3 cans chicken broth (10 oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. cubed, cooked chicken
1 c. chopped onions
1 c. sliced carrots
dash of garlic salt
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
7 (ish) oz. pkg. cheese tortelinni pasta
Parmesan cheese (calls for shredded, but i just use the grated kind you sprinkle on spaghetti)

In a large pot, combine water, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chicken, onion, carrots, garlic, basil, and oregano. Simmer for 30 minutes, then add tortelinni and broccoli and cook until they are tender (about 10 minutes). Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.

**Jaimee

2 comments:

  1. Ben said I could make this as long as it wasn't on a Sunday. I asked why and he said, "Because then I can't go to Wendy's if it's bad." I think it's because one fast Sunday I experimented with something new and it was horrible. Now there is no experimenting on Sundays.
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds really good! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete